Your portfolio might comprise consolidation of financial assets like bonds, stocks, mutual funds, ETFs, etc. It is really tough to manage and track all the assets as you would want to know what’s going on with your investments regularly- not just once in six months.
With the advancement of technology, things have become pretty easier, and it also implies the financial markets as well. For example, there are numerous free investment portfolio trackers; with their help, you can keep track of all your investments without a hassle.
You would no more have to juggle between different accounts as you just need to log in on the tracker and check everything related to your investments here.
What is a Stock Portfolio Tracker?
It is a tool that is used for tracking the fluctuation of securities that are held in your financial portfolio. On the tracker, you would be able to see how the prevailing allocation accumulates up with your long-term goals and examine how your portfolio is doing concerning the market.
The trackers are easy to use, and they are equipped with powerful analytical tools plus, they are also combined with brokerages and stock screener tools. The good thing is that you would be able to track the stocks you have invested in and the ones in which you are interested.
Other features of stock portfolio trackers are:
- You can see how your current asset allocation regulates your financial objectives.
- It helps in comparing your portfolio’s performance with market benchmarks
- You would be able to seeall your investment holdings in one location, making it facile for you to track your investment performance
- A few portfolio trackers will also show you vital information on the securities’ gain-loss statements by the multiple trades that have been made
- It will also show you how your securities are allocated to distinct market areas like energy, telecom, materials, paper, financials, medical, etc. and transitions in this allocation over time
- Some of the best portfolio trackers provide you with an alternative to add portfolios from yourinvestment accounts or execute hand-operated portfolios to test-specific strategies.
What is the best Stock Portfolio Tracker?
There is a large pool of good portfolio trackers, but how would you know which is best for you. Here are a few things that you should check on before choosing the portfolio tracker:
1) Cost: There are numerous stock portfolio trackers that you can use for free. Some platforms might have add-ons that can help you in trading, but it would depend on your requirement if you need them or not. If you are a newbie, then it is recommended for you to opt for the free trackers.
2) Brokerages supported: If it does not support your brokerages, then it is no point using the tracker. Instead, opt for a portfolio that has easy integration with your broker.
3) The number of trackable assets: If you trade in many cryptos, your requirements would be different from a large-cap trader, so think about your investment areas before choosing the tracker. A good tracker enables you to follow all types of investments such as stocks, bonds, ETFs, crypto, etc.
4) Speed: Everyone looks for software or tool that loads quickly, and the same goes for the portfolio tracker. Always check the time the tracker takes to load on your phone or laptop, as speed is vital for getting price updates. You would not be able to trade if you get more than 10 minutes old prices. Hence, a tracker should post real-time stock quotes.
5) Easy to use: This is the primary requirement while choosing the best stock portfolio trackers. The tracker that you choose should have a user-friendly interface, as you would not like using it if it has any complicated features.
Why do you need a portfolio tracker?
You must be managing this well on your own and thinking about why to download an additional app for managing your investment portfolio. But, the fact is that you would not have to switch between different apps with the portfolio trackers as you would get all the information here.
1) Make sound spending decisions: The foremost rule of trading is knowing how much money to spend. It is very easy to cross the limit when you see the fluctuation in the market as there would be a time when you would want to invest more and more.
But, you need to understand the amount of money that you are placing in. You would get all this information from the portfolio tracker, so pick the tracker that would help you make wise spending decisions.
2) Better management: With the help of the tracker, you would be able to manage the different investments and keep a check on the budget. You need to know how much you can afford to lose, as managing your risk is the other side of spending.
Various traders invest blindly and do not think about the risk involved with it. However, if you are a good trader, then your aim should be to stay in the game for a long, and you can do this by tracking your budget, which you can do with the help of the best investment tracking apps.
These were some of the benefits of stock portfolio trackers, but which are the trackers that one should go for as they should have good speed, be reliable, cost-efficient, and possess excellent features. Is it attainable to have all of them in one tracker? Of course, it is. Here is the list of some of the excellent trackers which were created after a lot of research.
12 Best Investment Tracking Apps for Managing Your Portfolio
It is a crypto-focused trading app available worldwide for Android and iOS users. It comes in both free and premium versions, you can initially opt for the free version, and if you like its features, then you can go for the premium plan.
- You can get the live price changes to a huge range of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, futures, options, and cryptocurrencies.
- It provides you with a summary of your total portfolio balance and your current market positions and value, percent change, and unrealized capital gains.
- Price change notifications
- You can also see the asset details and news for supported investments
- It does not support commodities or mutual funds
- Intermittently slow
Thus, the Delta app is an excellent option for you as the majority of its features come for free, plus it is very user-friendly. So, if you want to see all your investments and trends in one place, then choose Delta that comes with dynamic capabilities.
Also Read: 33 Best Cryptocurrency Exchanges
This platform offers you an amazing performance; here, you can track your shares and ETFs from more than 40 exchanges globally. On Sharesight, you would be able to track the performance of all your listed stocks automatically. This tracker is mainly for the users of the UK, New Zealand, Australia, and Canada customers.
- Native crypto tracking
- Customizable tax reporting
- With the help of ShareSight, you can track 67 global currencies and follow unlisted, alternative investments like fixed interest and investment properties.
- Can also track multiple asset classes like currency,private equity, alternatives, bonds, property, and other custom investments in one place by using their features, called ‘custom groups’
- Dividends tracking for supported stocks
- You also get price change alerts
- Can do a comparison against benchmarks
- They offer a limited free version
- It is a mainly web-based solution
With the aid of this tracker, you would be able to know your actual performance of all the registered holdings, plus you can also view the result of dividends, capital gains, and currency variations. The premium plan commences at $12 a month.
It is one of the best investment tracking apps available for both iOS and Android users. You would be amazed to know that it has more than 3 million users and this number is constantly increasing because of the excellent features and services they offer.
- With Personal Capital, you can monitor your portfolios, plus your bills, bank accounts, credit card statements, taxable and retirement accounts as well
- Can get portfolio summary and category breakdown views
- You will get alerts whenever your holdings depart from the aspired portfolio balance. You also get recommendations for altering your asset allocation for improving the portfolio performance.
- They also render you with a mutual fund fees analysis tool
- Personal Capital also has an Investment Checkup tool and has a pretty goodretirement calculator as well
- It also supports cryptocurrency tracking.
- For US-based customers, only.
It comes in two versions, Free Financial Dashboard version and Wealth Management service, you can choose any as per your requirement. The best part is that you can use both versions for free.
It is one of the most advanced portfolio trackers with thousands of bank connections and tracks all your assets in a single place. It provides you with all the detailed information about your investments and is perfect for newbies, real estate professionals, homemakers, and savvy crypt investors.
- It helps equate your online brokerage accounts or can also combine individual stocks to note their value in real-time.
- You can also get the prevailing balance from your crypto wallets and exchange accounts.
- With the help of Kubera, you can connect with more than 20,000 banks globally to link your accounts.
- You can also combine your home value, any vehicles, or web domains you own to know the net worth.
- The assets can be added easily by just inserting a fresh row like a spreadsheet.
- Kubera has a unique characteristic called “Life Beat Check” that finds out for an outspread span of inactivity and can transfer your portfolio to a specific recipient.
- The trial period is very less
It has a free 14-day trial. The premium version costs $15 a month or $150 a year.
Also Read: 12 Best Penny Cryptocurrency to Invest
5) Stock Rover
This is a stock screener and analysis tool that is made particularly for learned traders. This app is available for iOS and Android; you can use it on your desktop, tablet, and mobile. The tracker helps you get in-depth information about your performance and offers portfolio analysis tools, trade planning, correlation tools, email performance reports, and re-balancing facilities.
- On Stock Rover, you can get all the data offered by them without confusion
- You can combine all your brokerage accounts to this platform, but if you don’t want to attach your brokerage, you can put it manually or use a spreadsheet import
- It checks all these accounts on your behalf and provides you with automatic updates on the performance of your investments
- With Stock Rover, you can review your portfolio against benchmarks and make vital decisions using factual data instead of relying on your gut feel
- Once you’ve fixed the account with them, you will get daily, weekly, or monthly reports displaying your performance. You can use this data to analyze it for various metrics like risk-adjusted return, volatility, beta, IRR, Sharpe Ratio, etc.
- Customer service is complicated as contact is by email only.
It has a free version and 3 paid plans: Essential- $7.99 a month, Premium- $17.99 per month, and Premium Plus- $27.99 per month.
It is one of the best stock portfolio trackers as it renders its users with live market data and supports full extended-hours trading. Webull is an online and mobile trading app that lets you trade in stocks, exchange-traded funds, and options.
- With Webull, there is no account minimum, and stock trading is free.
- You can place pre-market trades from 4:00 am to 9:30 am and on regular trading days from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Margin accounts give up to 4 times leverage on day trades, and on overnight borrowing power, it is up to 2 times.
- Customizing your homepage can be done, as you can pick the countries and regions you’re most intrigued in viewing and the stocks you’re tracing.
- Perfect for those seeking margin trading, day trading, and short sales.
- You can see real-time data tracking and price fluctuations
- Webull has a trading simulator that helps you know more about their trading platform and intensifies your investment abilities.
- Customer contact is confined to email – no phone contact is available
- Does not promote fractional shares
It has zero trading commissions; there may be several regulatory and exchange fees imposed on transactions.
It is one of the best free investment portfolio management software and application. Its user interface is simple, connects the accounts seamlessly, and automatically analyzes your portfolio. In addition, it helps determine if you are overexposed to any specific industry or company that helps diversify your investment and risk level.
- It renders automated investing with economical management fees
- You get unlimited meetings with financial advisors
- SigFig offers innovative portfolio tracking tools
- Robust goal-based tools
- It automatically reviews your investment accounts from over 50 leading brokerages into one dashboard to provide you with a real-time view of the stocks, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETF’s), and options you possess
- They also send you weekly email summaries of account performance, news that affects your portfolio, and notifications that aim at your top gainers and losers.
- Renders everyday audit to keep it on course with rebalancing, dividend reinvestment, and tax-efficient strategies.
- No cash management or savings account.
SigFig provides free financial counseling. In addition, there is free management of the first $10,000 invested, but it has a $2,000 account minimum, which is higher than its competitors.
Also Read: 10 Best Mutual Fund Apps to Invest Online in India
8) M1 Finance
On this app, you can see all your holdings just like slices of a pie. Your job is just to delegate a percentage to every slice, fund the app, and have a stocks portfolio. This app is actually as simple as it sounds, and the best part is that there is no broker fee, and there is no charge on commissions plus no minimum balance required for opening the account.
- The platform integrates automated investment management with individual security selection.
- It is perfect for investors who want specialists to make all their stock judgments and for people who want to make a fully custom portfolio.
- M1 Finance lets you borrow against the credit line at a current rate of 2.0%
- You can select one of the 80 portfolio options built by the specialists
- It also provides you with an option to buy fractional shares; this means that you can buy a portion of a share instead of the whole shares
- M1 Finance does not provide tax-loss harvesting
It does not charge advisory fees and commissions for trading
It is a rich watchlist and one of the biggest business news sites in the US with data. Yahoo Finance is available on both online and web interfaces. This platform has a user-friendly design which means that you can easily track your commodities, bonds, stocks, bonds, and commodities. With Yahoo Finance, you can get personalized news and alerts as well.
- Asset fundamental details, news, and commentary
- follow market movements in real-time
- quality data across multiple investment types
- Adjust the watch-list and get live quotes as you control your portfolio’s performance
- It offers investment research and screening tools
- Users also get quick access to this breaking information at a sight
- performance analysis
- Its mobile app has a very primary portfolio tracking view
It comes in both free and paid versions; you can opt for the premium version after using the free version.
Also Read: 120 Best Affiliate Programs
It is one of the best stock portfolio trackerscreated specifically for making investment and trading easy. Ziggma is also said to be the fastest stock and ETF screener in the market.
There are many investors who cannot keep up with their investment portfolios as they fail to find good methods to optimize risk-adjusted returns. But, with the Ziggma portfolio tracker, you can find the best opportunities based on your long-term goals.
- Portfolio Optimization
- Company Performance Scores
- Links your investment accounts
- Multi-Asset screener
- Monitoring tools
- Model portfolios to benchmark
- Intuitive portfolio analysis
- Account Aggregation
- Customer contact is limited.
This app is perfect for beginners, active investors, and investors who seek opportunities.
It is an excellent application to keep track of your investments and work out the true performance. There are a lot of things that you can do easily on achee, such as track investment costs, corporate actions, and the performance of your investment portfolio in your chosen currency.
- It enables investors globally to track their investments flawlessly
- Achee backs 75+ stock exchanges, 5,000+ cryptocurrencies, and tokens
- It also enables you to track your fixed income instrumentsas well
- This platform has the ability to benchmark your returns against the leading index funds globally
- You can also get a portfolio health check and recommendations on areas to make your performance sound
- It deals in 170,000+ stock tickers, collected from 70 global exchanges, also includes Nasdaq, NYSE, and more.
- Weak portfolio review aspects
This platform is apt for people who want to use the latest encryption technology standards as it helps safeguard your personal information.
Also Read: Top 10 Largest Stock Exchanges in the World
This platform is available for desktop, iOS, and Android. You can trade numerous trading options like bonds, stocks, futures, and cryptocurrency, and futures. It is a great platform as its app is very user-friendly, and a beginner can also operate it without any help. TradeStation has numerous users, and the number is increasing because of the excellent features that it offers-
- You get access to various power tools.
- With TradeStation, you can do commission-free stock, ETF, and options trades.
- There are stock and ETF screeners.
- Advanced charting abilities and trading simulators
- Comprehensive research
- Its robust desktop platform makes it an outstanding stock tracking app for PCs.
- It comes rigged with brokerage services plus trading education resources that big industry reviewers recognize
- Plans and pricing can be complicated
- Free trading on an advanced platform demands TS Select.
This app is perfect for intermediate to advanced traders.
Recommended: 22 Top Money Earning Websites
These were some of the best stock portfolio trackers, but you should consider all the analytics tools you might wish to use when selecting a stock app. Irrespective of the platform you choose, portfolio trackers are a great way to track your investments easily from anywhere and at any time. Once you are using a tracker after that, you can focus majorly on making your investment portfolio grow.
- Best free portfolio tracker: Personal Capital.
- Best for peer-reviewed investing advice: Seeking Alpha.
- Best for assessing mutual funds: Morningstar.
- Best for value and long-term holding: Stock Rover.
- Best for affordable premium features: Yahoo!
If you're new to tracking the stock market, Yahoo Finance's free app, as well as the free material on Gurufocus and YCharts are great starting points. For more insight into research and rankings, a paid Morningstar subscription is a good option.Is there an app that shows all stocks? ›
You can track the latest updates on Indian and Global financial markets on your smartphone with the Moneycontrol App. It covers multiple assets from BSE, NSE, MCX, and NCDEX exchanges, so you can track Indices (Sensex & Nifty), Stocks, Futures, Options, Mutual Funds, Commodities, and Currencies with ease.
Markowitz says an efficient portfolio should have a combination of at least two stocks above the minimum variance portfolio (a portfolio with the lowest possible risk level for the rate of expected return).How do I track all my investments in one place? ›
- Money Control. Money Control is a financial portal owned by TV18. ...
- ET Money. ...
- INDmoney. ...
- TickerTape. ...
- Kuvera. ...
- Portfolio Tracker – Wealthy. ...
- Google Sheets. ...
- Microsoft Excel.
One of the most dependable Android tracking apps is FamiSafe. The app's powerful real-time tracking feature has allowed users to maintain effective control over children and, in some cases, adults.Which is the most accurate trading strategy? ›
Trend trading strategy. This strategy describes when a trader uses technical analysis to define a trend, and only enters trades in the direction of the pre-determined trend. The above is a famous trading motto and one of the most accurate in the markets. Following the trend is different from being 'bullish or bearish' ...What is the best way to track a stock portfolio for an individual? ›
What Is the Best Way to Track Your Portfolio? Using a software application (app for short) can help you monitor your investment portfolio. Portfolio tracking apps can sync and download financial information from your banking and brokerage accounts, including your 401(k).What is the most successful investment app? ›
- Wealthfront – Best app for portfolio management.
- Fidelity Investments – Best app for managing money all-in-one.
- Robinhood – Best app for active trading.
- Charles Schwab – Best app for beginners.
- Ellevest – Best app for socially responsible investing.
1. SoFi. SoFi, short for Social Finance, is a relatively new investment app known for its easy-to-use platform and low costs. Users can pick between an active investing account or a passive portfolio managed by robo-advisors.
For example, Yahoo Finance and Google Finance both offer basic tools that let you insert the number of shares you bought, and at what price. The trackers also link to company information for stocks, such as recent news, historical share prices, and filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.Which app gives best stock advice? ›
Answer: Angel Broking, 5paisa Online Trading app, Sharekhan app, Motilal Oswal MO Investor app, HDFC Securities, and Stock Edge are some of the best stock trading apps for beginners. They offer you learning resources and expert guidance for maintaining your portfolio.How do I track multiple portfolios? ›
Professionals who want to track multiple mutual fund portfolios should look at paying for a Morningstar subscription. This also gives you access to a wide range of research resources and other features, such as screeners, watchlists and net worth tracking.What is the most used stock app? ›
- TD Ameritrade.
- Ally Invest.
- Charles Schwab.
From the 1980s until recently, a portfolio of 60% stocks and 40% bonds experienced a “golden age”—and for good reason. The mix consistently provided investors with attractive risk-adjusted returns, with total returns often equal to or better than those of the S&P 500 Index and with lower volatility.What is the safest portfolio? ›
- High-yield savings accounts. ...
- Series I savings bonds. ...
- Short-term certificates of deposit. ...
- Money market funds. ...
- Treasury bills, notes, bonds and TIPS. ...
- Corporate bonds. ...
- Dividend-paying stocks. ...
- Preferred stocks.
A mutual fund or index fund provides more diversification than an individual security does. It tracks a bundle of stocks, bonds, or commodities.Should I check my portfolio every day? ›
Avoid checking your portfolio daily or even weekly. If you don't plan to use your money within the next five to seven years, these daily swings shouldn't matter to you that much. And if you do plan to use your money sooner, it probably shouldn't be invested in the first place.How many stocks should you track? ›
The average diversified portfolio holds between 20 and 30 stocks. Diversifying your portfolio in the stock market is an investing best practice because it decreases non-systemic, or company-specific, risk by ensuring that no single company has too much influence over the value of your holdings.How do I organize my investment portfolio? ›
- Decide how much help you want.
- Choose an account that works toward your goals.
- Choose your investments based on your risk tolerance.
- Determine the best asset allocation for you.
- Rebalance your investment portfolio as needed.
Google Find My Device is a free phone tracking application. The app lets you track any device on your Android phone. You can set a password to secure the data. Also, the app supports remote lock and erase features.What is the best tracking tool? ›
|Time Tracking software||Best For||Platform|
|Clockify||Teams||Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, iPad, and Android.|
|ClickTime||Individuals and Teams.||Mobile app for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.|
|DeskTime||Individuals and teams.||Desktop and Mobiles, Windows, Mac, & Linux etc.|
Using a site list comprising the most popular websites according to SimilarWeb and AllYouCanRead, Surfshark found that the Big Tech companies with the most trackers are Google with 18, Microsoft with 17, and Amazon with 11.What is the most successful trading pattern? ›
Head and shoulders pattern is considered to be one of the most reliable reversal chart patterns. This pattern is formed when the prices of the stock rises to a peak and falls down to the same level from where it had started rising.What is the 5 3 1 trading strategy? ›
Intro: 5-3-1 trading strategy
The numbers five, three and one stand for: Five currency pairs to learn and trade. Three strategies to become an expert on and use with your trades. One time to trade, the same time every day.
The best day trading strategy is the Market Opening Gap strategy. As its name indicates, day trading refers to a strategy in which a trader opens and closes positions in a particular trading vehicle during the day but generally doesn't hold any positions overnight.How many sticks should you have in your portfolio? ›
Some experts say that somewhere between 20 and 30 stocks is the sweet spot for manageability and diversification for most portfolios of individual stocks. But if you look beyond that, other research has pegged the magic number at 60 stocks.What percentage of your portfolio should each stock be? ›
For years, a commonly cited rule of thumb has helped simplify asset allocation. According to this principle, individuals should hold a percentage of stocks equal to 100 minus their age. So, for a typical 60-year-old, 40% of the portfolio should be equities.What is the best thing to invest in in 2022? ›
- Series I bonds.
- Short-term corporate bond funds.
- S&P 500 index funds.
- Dividend stock funds.
- Value stock funds.
- Nasdaq-100 index funds.
- Rental housing.
- High-yield savings accounts.
- Certificates of deposit (CDs)
- Money market funds.
- Government bonds.
- Corporate bonds.
- Mutual funds.
- Index funds.
- Exchange-traded funds (ETFs)
- How to invest $1,000 to make money fast.
- Play the stock market.
- Invest in a money-making course.
- Trade commodities.
- Trade cryptocurrencies.
- Use peer-to-peer lending.
- Trade options.
- Flip real estate contracts.
- Fidelity Investments: Best overall for beginners.
- Charles Schwab.
- TD Ameritrade.
- E-Trade Financial.
- Ally Invest.
- Merrill Edge.
- Interactive Brokers.
Track and understand the performance of your investments with Portfolios in Google Finance. See your overall investment's value, compare your performance to other stocks and indexes, and see analytics and news stories about your investments.How often should you monitor your stocks? ›
For most investors, it's ideal to do so around once every few months. Checking in on your brokerage account once every few months enables you to: Ensure your portfolio is balanced: Often, some of your investments outperform others and your portfolio can end up too heavily concentrated in those investments.What is the best stock advice website? ›
What is the Best Stock Advice Subscription? If I could only recommend one stock advice website, I would choose Motley Fool Stock Advisor. Motley Fool has been around for nearly 30 years and has earned a well-respected reputation for their continued outperformance.Where can I get the best stock advice? ›
- 🥇 Motley Fool Stock Advisor.
- Rule Breakers.
- Zacks Research.
- Seeking Alpha.
- Yahoo! Finance.
- Merrill Edge: The best and safest investment app. ...
- Acorns: The perfect app to help you save and invest. ...
- E*Trade: A great investment app for beginners and practiced investors. ...
- Insurance protection for securities and cash balances. ...
- Transparency in how they make money.
- Conservative portfolio. This type is also called a defensive portfolio or a capital preservation portfolio. ...
- Aggressive portfolio. Also known as a capital appreciation portfolio. ...
- Income portfolio. ...
- Socially responsible portfolio.
For example, Danielson and Abrutyn (1997) identify three major types of portfolios: working portfolios, display portfolios, and assessment portfolios.Should you have 2 portfolios? ›
If you want to meet specific financial goals within asset time frame, each portfolio will be driven in a different manner and that is why it becomes highly essential to have separate portfolios.
- Use Online Tracking Services: Robo Advisors and Brokerages.
- Track Your Investment with Personal Finance Apps.
- DIY With Spreadsheets.
- Use Desktop Apps for Investment Tracking.
- Start Using a Trading Journal.
- Personal Capital.
- Stock Rover.
- Google Sheets.
- Quicken Premier.
- Fidelity Full View.
Some portfolio management apps can sync with your existing accounts, and most are free. Some of the most popular apps include Personal Capital, SigFig Wealth Management, Sharesight, and Yahoo Finance.Can I manage my own investment portfolio? ›
It's certainly possible to manage your investments and rebalance your portfolio yourself. But some people don't have the time, aren't confident in their ability to learn what they need to know and perform the right tasks, or just don't want to deal with it.Where should I keep my portfolio? ›
The 90/10 investing strategy for retirement savings involves allocating 90% of one's investment capital in low-cost S&P 500 index funds and the remaining 10% in short-term government bonds. The 90/10 investing rule is a suggested benchmark that investors can easily modify to reflect their tolerance to investment risk.Is it better to invest over time or all at once? ›
Investing all of your money at the same time is advantageous because: You'll gain exposure to the markets as soon as possible. Historical market trends indicate the returns of stocks and bonds exceed returns of cash investments and bonds.Is it better to invest all at once or gradually? ›
You're more likely to end up with higher returns.
Lump-sum investing outperforms dollar cost averaging almost 75% of the time, according to data from Northwestern Mutual, regardless of asset allocation. If you're comfortable with risk, then investing your money in one large sum could yield better results.
Go to google.com/finance. On the right, under “Your portfolios,” select a portfolio. Under your portfolio name, your portfolio value is displayed. A chart below displays your portfolio balance over time.