Teacher Training Course
How to become a Kindergarten Teacher?
Source : GOOGLE
Kindergarten teachers have the ability to make a difference in the life of preschoolers to a great extent. Kindergarten is one of the crucial stages in a child’s development and growth.
Children of age 3 to 6 years go to kindergarten school. During this age, children learn important skills like reading, writing, mathematics, etc.
Children also learn in kindergarten the social skills to interact with other children and teachers. It is the duty of the kindergarten teacher to lead to a smooth transition from kindergarten to primary school.
Kindergarten teachers teach kids with play-way and activity-based approach various skills and concepts. A lot of things are taught in the traditional method also.
Being a kindergarten teacher is the right choice for you if you have a keen interest in teaching young children, you enjoy the company of children, and have immense patience to handle kindergarten children.
Vidhyanidhi Education Society (VES) a distinguished Teacher Training Institute in the filed of Pre Primary Teacher Training has experience of more than 3 decades.
Source : Google
Table of Content
- What are Career Options or Career Paths for Kindergarten Teacher?
- How to become a Kindergarten Teacher Online?
- Why choose VES pre primary teacher training course for doing Kindergarten Course?
- What are various Teacher Training Courses offered by VES?
- How long does it take to become a Kindergarten Teacher?
- What is the Eligibility for Pre Primary Teacher Training Course?
- What are the Educational Requirements / Eligibility to become a Kindergarten Teacher?
- What is the demand for Kindergarten Teachers?
- What is a Kindergarten Teacher Job Description?
- What is the salary of a Kindergarten Teacher?
- What does a Kindergarten Teacher do?
- How much does it cost to become a Kindergarten Teacher?
- Which are questions asked in a Preschool Teacher Job Interview?
Source : Google
What are Career Options or Career Paths for Kindergarten Teacher?
After becoming a certified Kindergarten teacher a lot of career paths open for you. They are as follows :
- You can work as a teacher or associate teacher in Preschool
- Some remain teachers throughout their career
- Others upgrade their pre primary teacher training skills and qualifications and become supervisor and principal
- Some become school administrators or center head.
- Other become curriculum planners, counsellor, etc.
- Some leave teaching to work in educational administration.
Few other similar roles to kindergarten teacher as follows :
- Special educator
- Speech therapist
- Remedial teacher
- Shadow teacher etc
- Teacher trainer
- Phonics trainer
- Grammar teacher, etc.
Source : Google
How to become a Kindergarten Teacher Online?
Vidhyanidhi Education Society is a Government Regd. Teacher Training Institute which offers pre primary teacher training , Kindergarten Courses for teacher through Online / Distance / regular Mode.
Features of Pre primary teacher training / Online Teacher training Course offered by VES:
- Entire course can be done online from your home from any part of the world.
- You just need internet connection.
- It is self-paced course
- Enroll for the course online (click here button)
- Get pre-recorded lectures for each module
- Extensive course content including theory and practicum
- Special course coordinator assigned
- Experienced faculty members for guidance throughout the course
- No examination
- Assignment based assessment
- Word Online or distance not mentioned on pre primary teacher training certificate.
- Once the pre primary teacher training course is over the certificate and marksheet will be couriered to you.
Source : Google
Why choose VES pre primary teacher training course for doing Kindergarten Course?
- Widely accepted pre primary teacher training certification
- Get jobs in reputed school in India and Abroad
- VES has more than two decades of experience in the field of teaching and training
- It has trained more than 25000 + trainees
- Huge variety of Course for Pre Primary Teacher & special needs courses offered
- Courses available in online/ distance/ regular modes
- Reasonable fees
- Ancillary courses like Grammar Teachers’ Training and Phonics Teachers’ Training Course available
What are various Teacher Training Courses offered by VES?
- Montessori Teachers’ Training Course
- Nursery Teachers’ Training Course
- Pre-Primary Teachers’ Training Course
- Grammar teacher Training Course
- Phonics teacher Training Course
- Special Education Needs course
- Learning Disability Course
- School Administration and Management course
- Shadow teachers’ training course
Source : Google
How long does it take to become a Kindergarten Teacher?
- Diploma in Teacher Training Course is a one year course
- Post Graduate Diploma in Teacher Training Course is a one year course
Vidhyanidhi Education Society offers Fast track completion of courses. After enrolling for the PPTTC Course and going through pre-recorded lectures once you are prepared you are free to attempt exams and complete assignments of all modules.
Once done with pre primary teacher training assignments of all modules you will immediately get your Diploma or Postgraduate Diploma Certificate couriered at your address. So that you can start a job in school immediately.
What is the Eligibility for Pre Primary Teacher Training Course?
Eligibility to enroll for Pre Primary Teacher Training course is as follows :
- For diploma in PPTTC Course : 10 +2 qualification is more than enough from any stream and board
- For Postgraduate Diploma in Teacher Training Course : Graduation from any stream Arts / Science/Commerce or any relevant degree with an aggregate of 50% from a recognized university or college is sufficient.
Source : Google
What are the Educational Requirements / Eligibility to become a Kindergarten Teacher?
If you are studying in higher secondary school and wish to be a kindergarten teacher, you better get some experience of working in kindergarten. Working in preschool along with your college would be a great learning experience and will give you hands-on skills to be a teacher.
To do Kindergarten Teacher Courses one needs at least a one-year Diploma in Early childhood care and Education course or Nursery / Montessori / Pre Primary Teachers’ Training Course. If you have done your graduation you will be eligible to apply for Post Graduate Preschool Teachers’ Training Courses.
Any certified and skilled teacher would definitely get a job in leading schools in the vicinity.
What is the demand for Kindergarten Teachers?
Between 2022 and 2026, the kindergarten teacher requirement is anticipated to grow at the rate of 10% as per the Bureau of Labor Statistics. With so many schools, preschools, and activity centres mushrooming around as the demand for teachers will be ever-rising.
Source : Google
What is a Kindergarten Teacher Job Description?
Kindergarten Teacher duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Design or formulate the entire year’s curriculum for children.
- Break down the yearly curriculum into monthly, weekly and daily curriculum.
- Formulate Lesson plan for each and every activity taught
- Arrange for materials, teaching aids for each lesson
- Execute the lesson plan
- Teach literacy and mathematics
- Teach life skills, motor, physical and cognitive skills through various fun-filled activities.
- Take care of the emotional needs of children
- Recite Rhymes & stories, sing songs, and play games to teach various concepts to children.
- Interact with parents about the progress and concerns associated with children with their parents.
- Devote extra time for weak children
- Assess each child’s performance & progress and maintain a record of it.
What is the Salary of a Kindergarten Teacher?
In the first year of a job, one can expect a salary of Rs. 12,000 to 15,000.After a few years of experience, an average teacher in good private schools in the urban sector earns around Rs 17,000 to 28,000.
Private school teachers may not earn a very high salary, but enjoy a lot of perks. Some teachers earn extra by taking up extra responsibilities by working as exam supervisors, coach in a sports team, supervising other activities of the school.
If you have an immense liking for young children then being a kindergarten teacher is a highly rewarding career. It’s a nice professional career option. The education sector is an ever-growing and expanding field.
After completing being a kindergarten teacher there is also the further scope of higher education in this field and becoming an expert or consultant in the field of education.
What does a Kindergarten Teacher do?
A kindergarten teacher specializes in dealing with young children from the age of 3 to 8 years of age mainly from playgroup to class 2. Their role is different for teachers in primary grade or higher classes.
She not only specializes in the preparation of lesson plans and age-appropriate activities for children but also needs to contribute to the growth and development of each and every child.
She teaches basic reading, writing, math, phonics, social skills, and life skills to children, etc..
Her major work is to prepare children for higher grades i.e. formal schooling from class 1. She has to inculcate skills in children which would make them independent and confident to face the world outside home and school.
She is supposed to observe the progress of each child, educate parents regarding any area of concern related to the child, conduct parents meetings, field trips, events and festivals on a regular basis.
How much does it cost to become a Kindergarten Teacher?
Fees for pre primary teacher training courses depend upon the quality of training offered by the Teacher Training Institute and the experience they have in the field of training teachers. Usually, a Diploma in pre primary teacher training costs around 15,000 to 18,000 and Postgraduate Diploma pre primary teacher training fees is around Rs. 20,000 to 25,000.
Source : Google
Which are questions asked in a Preschool Teacher job interview?
The following questions give an interviewer a general understanding of your teaching style, personality, and motivations:
- Why should you be chosen for this position?
- Do you have any experience working with kindergarten children?
- Why did you choose to become a kindergarten teacher?
- What do you know about this school?
- Why did you choose the teaching profession?
- Where do you see yourself as a teacher in the coming five years?
- What are your strengths as a teacher?
- What areas would you wish to work more to become a preschool teacher?
- Which personal & professional qualities do you possess make you a good kindergarten teacher?
- Why did you choose to work as a preschool teacher?
- Why did you leave your previous job?
- What challenges did you face in your previous job?
- What were your learnings from previous jobs or positions?
- How did I face a difficult parent? Describe one of the most difficult parents you have dealt with?
- Tell us about your most successful lesson plan and what made it successful?
- Tell us about your most disastrous lesson plan and what made it fail?
- What is your classroom management technique?
Now when you are aware about immense opportunities after completing a Pre Primary Teacher Training Course from Vidhyanidhi Education Society, why wait ? Call us or Whatsapp us now on 9869546913 and get complete one on one career guidance on How to become a Kindergarten Teacher?
How do you become an Early Years Teacher? To train as an early years teacher, you need a degree and at least a GCSE C grade (or equivalent) in English, maths and science. You'll also need to pass the professional skills tests in numeracy and literacy.
If you wish to teach at primary level, you will require Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS) is different to QTS, allowing you to specialise in working with children up to five years old only.
Early Years Teacher Status is a degree level qualification and there are various paths you can take to get there, but ultimately you need a degree which awards Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS).
One year (September to July). Following successful completion of the year, you will receive further support in your second year within The Loxford School Trust as a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT).
The average salary amounts mentioned in this article are annual estimates, with the average annual salary for a primary school teacher being R192,637.
You'll usually need: 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English, maths and science. 2 to 3 A levels, or equivalent, for a degree. a degree in any subject for a postgraduate course.
The youngest a teacher can be in the United States is 21 or 22 years old. This is true for elementary school, middle school/junioir high, and high school teachers. Someone that completes 4 years of college immediately after high school and aquires a teaching certificate can start teaching right away.
If you have EYTS you can still work in a maintained school but you cannot lead a class on your own and instead would be in a position such as a higher level teaching assistant or cover teacher. For information on working as a teacher in a maintained school see primary school teacher.
You'll need to do 'early years initial teacher training' (EYITT) to achieve 'early years teacher status' (EYTS). EYTS is different from 'qualified teacher status' (QTS), which is the equivalent for teaching children aged 3 to 18.
> The kindergarten teacher-applicants must have obtained any of the following degrees: Bachelor in Early Childhood Education. Bachelor of Science in Preschool Education. Bachelor of Science in Family Life and Child Development.
At Bromley Schools' Collegiate, we have developed a conversion course for holders of Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS) so they can gain Qualified Teacher Status. This would then enable you to become an Early Years professional, covering the 0 to 7 year old age range with both EYTS and QTS.
Preschool teachers typically need at least an associates degree. (The average growth rate for all occupations is 7 percent.) Experienced preschool teachers can advance to become the director of a preschool or childcare center or a lead teacher, who may be responsible for the instruction of several classes.
You must provide proof of successful completion of the QTS skills tests. If you fail the tests on three occasions, you will not be able to complete Stage 2 and will not be eligible for this QTS Assessment Only programme.
The average salary for a Teach First Teacher is £28,251 in London, UK.
The programme is fee free. Being able to earn a salary while you train, as well as receiving a discount on travel within London. Gain more experience working in a school before you qualify, so you are more prepared for life as a newly qualified teacher.
When you are looking for the best-paid teaching jobs for your area of interest or specialized skill, then you may consider working as a professor in a college or university. A college professor prepares course material, teaches students in a classroom environment, and grades student work.
Are primary school teachers paid the same as secondary? Yes, All teachers in England & Scotland in government maintained secondary and primary school are paid the same according to teacher salary scale.
Today, compensation and working conditions can vary widely for teachers around the world. Most recent OECD data indicates that salaries for primary teachers with 15 years of experience are highest in Luxembourg, where educators earn $101,360 per year, on average.
Do I need a PGCE to teach? No. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need a PGCE to teach. All you need is QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or the equivalent, QTLS (Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills).
There is no requirement for A Levels to pursue a career in teaching. If you have GCSEs at grade C or above and decide to go to university you can simply take the Access to HE Diploma route, which will tick the Level 3 qualification box and allow you to go to university.
- St. ...
- Mary Immaculate College , Limerick.
- Froebel Department of Primary and Early Childhood Education at NUI Maynooth , Maynooth, Co. ...
- Colaiste Mhuire , Marino Institute of Education, Dublin.
- Hibernia College , Dublin.
- Church of Ireland College of Education , Dublin.
- Integrate all of the tech. ...
- Prepare yourself for kids with a wide range of skills. ...
- Create an inviting classroom. ...
- Be prepared for changes. ...
- Gather all the supplies. ...
- Plan your circle time well. ...
- Get a jump start on lessons. ...
- Put together an irresistible classroom reading nook.
Teaching at the kindergarten level can be both stressful and rewarding. Patience, creativity, and excellent communication skills are important skills for people interested in becoming a teacher at the kindergarten level.
|State||Average age of teachers||Median age of teachers|
Full and part time nursery jobs at school entails daily contact with parents, ability to communicate well and patience being important. Nursery school teaching jobs working at nurseries provide you with an important career path that is well respected and an occupation where educating of infants is always in demand.
Age can vary from primary teacher posts to TGT or PGT teacher posts. It can also depend on state and central rules, as well as the organizations. But generally, the maximum age limits in the government teachers jobs are 40 years.
- While working in early childhood education can involve lots of fun caring for and engaging with children, the reality of life as an educator goes far beyond playing in the sandpit. ...
- Critical thinking. ...
- Empathy. ...
- Adaptability. ...
- Growth mindset. ...
You'll earn a salary while you train towards your Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) recommendation, and won't need to pay any tuition fees. This route is available for both primary and secondary teaching, and is run by individual schools or a group of schools.
You can apply for QTS . It should take between 2 and 4 weeks to process your application.
You only need a training course to offer Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) to teach as a qualified teacher in England. However, a PGCE will increase your academic knowledge and provide you with the flexibility to teach internationally.
- Varying Ability Levels. At the kindergarten level, abilities vary greatly between students because of innate talents, parental involvement and previous educational experiences. ...
- Special Needs. ...
- Uncompensated Time. ...
- Classroom Challenges. ...
- Parental Issues.
The BLS also predicts that the profession is going to grow by 7% from 2020 to 2030, which is about average for all professions in the U.S. Becoming a kindergarten teacher may provide you with a moderate salary and potential for growth.
Kindergarten Teacher skills and qualifications
Strong knowledge of subjects to teach students, such as math and science. Excellent communication skills for interacting with children, coworkers and parents or guardians. Creative and artistic abilities. Planning and organizational skills.
Obtaining the EYTS qualification would allow you to teach children up to the age of 5 in private nurseries, children's centres and reception classes in academies and independent schools. It does not allow you to lead the teaching in reception classes in maintained schools.
So yes you can become a teacher without a degree and hold QTLS, which the government states has parity with QTS in maintained primary and secondary schools.
If you are working as an unqualified teacher, you could achieve QTS via the Assessment Only route. If you have a degree and substantial experience of working in a school, early years, or further education setting, this option allows you to gain QTS without undergoing a teacher training programme.
How much does a Preschool Teacher make in the United States? The average Preschool Teacher salary in the United States is $36,390 as of October 27, 2022, but the range typically falls between $32,910 and $41,430.
|Rank||State||Average Preschool Teacher Salary|
|E-Bridge Pre-School Preschool Teacher salaries - 16 salaries reported||$3,087/mo|
|Skool4kidz Preschool Teacher salaries - 14 salaries reported||$2,600/mo|
|Maple Bear Global Schools Preschool Teacher salaries - 12 salaries reported||$2,850/mo|
Bachelor's degree in early childhood education or a related field. Master's degree such as an M.A.T., M. Ed. or MATL and a concentration in early childhood education or related field. Virginia Department of Education teaching license in early/primary education for preschool through grade three.
To become a preschool teacher in New Jersey you must obtain a bachelor's degree with a major in the liberal arts or sciences and complete a state-approved teacher preparation program. A list of approved preschool teacher preparation programs in New Jersey is available here.
In order to teach preschool in Kentucky, you must be certified in interdisciplinary early childhood education, birth to primary. This requires completion of at least a bachelor's degree and an approved teacher preparation program.
The qualifications of an early childhood educator are a baccalaureate degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE)/Child Development (CD) and at least three years of full-time teaching experience with young children, and/or a graduate degree in ECE/CD.
Education and Training Requirements
You won't need a four-year degree to teach preschool in Virginia. You can become a preschool teacher by obtaining a professional or technical certificate or a two-year degree.
Undergraduate degree program
The UVA School of Education and Human Development offers four-year undergraduate degrees in Elementary Education, Special Education, and Early Childhood Education, all approved by the state to fulfill Virginia's requirements for licensure and endorsement.
These requirements include holding a bachelor's degree, completing an approved teacher education program, passing state-selected assessments, and completing the application process. Virginia uses a tiered system for teacher licensure.
How much does a Preschool Teacher make in New Jersey? The average Preschool Teacher salary in New Jersey is $40,240 as of October 27, 2022, but the range typically falls between $36,390 and $45,800.
Answer: New Jersey high school teachers need a bachelor's degree in the subject they wish to teach, along with a state-approved teacher preparation program. Then they must take the state exams required before becoming certified to teach high school in New Jersey.
As of Oct 28, 2022, the average annual pay for an Entry Level Teacher in New Jersey is $30,491 a year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $14.66 an hour. This is the equivalent of $586/week or $2,540/month.
Kentucky offers certification to candidates who have completed a four-year teacher preparation program. It also issues certification to out-of-state applicants who have completed a state-approved program, since the state is part of the NASDTEC Insterstate Agreement.
Kentucky requires prospective teachers to hold a bachelor's degree and complete an approved teacher preparation program. Depending on eligibility, there are alternative pathways to become a teacher in Kentucky for those who have a bachelor's degree but did not complete a teacher preparation program.
Prerequisite Coursework in Kentucky
All states require at least a bachelor's degree to teach. Certification to teach elementary school (grades 1-6) requires coursework in all subject areas taught in elementary school.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a state accredited college or university.
- Completed an approved teacher preparation system.
- Proof of student teaching or a practicum or an internship.
- Provided transcripts of both to get your official license, which must be in English.
- Passing scores from your Praxis II exam.
How much does a Preschool Teacher make in Colorado? The average Preschool Teacher salary in Colorado is $36,170 as of September 26, 2022, but the range typically falls between $32,710 and $41,180.
Those seeking Colorado teacher certification must hold a bachelor's degree or higher and complete an approved teacher preparation program. For traditional pathway teachers, the preparation program is typically completed as part of the bachelor's degree.